As we move towards the end of January, some important dates are on the horizon. The headteacher resignation date will be coming up on the 31st January, for Easter finish, and 30th April, for end of school year finish.
The thought of recruiting a new headteacher can be overwhelming and often leave HR and recruitment teams thinking ‘where do we start?’. Recruiting a headteacher is an important task that requires dedicated time and consideration. The leadership hiring process is often longer than recruiting general teaching staff and this longer notice period helps to provide a smoother transition for both the new and old headteacher.
When the opportunity arises for a new headteacher to be recruited, it can often be a great time for leadership teams to review the school, college or Trust’s overall goals, values, and needs. This can directly influence the skills and qualities required of a new headteacher, so is often a great place to start your recruitment journey.
When beginning your recruitment process, it is vital that at least one member of your panel is trained in Safer Recruitment. Our sister company, FusionHR, can offer Safer Recruitment training. Visit FusionHR here
You may benefit from our previous blog on questions to ask in a headteacher interview.
When it comes to advertising and interviewing for your new vacancy, processes can become rushed and unorganised due to a lack of communication or resources. This is where FACE-Ed can help…
FACE-Ed is an applicant tracking software built by education HR specialists alongside our Safer Recruitment Accredited Trainers. The software provides streamlined and guided workflows to make the recruitment process as seamless as possible and ensure you are fully compliant with Safer Recruitment and KCSiE requirements. FACE-Ed creates an end-to-end recruitment journey from vacancy creation to final offer and onboarding. With templates stored in the system, mail merge, and traffic light style charts to highlight progress, recruitment has never been more organised!
With FACE-Ed you can:
- Push job vacancies to job boards and your website in seconds.
- Automatically scan applications against Safer Recruitment guidelines in order to receive the highest quality candidates for shortlisting and flag any potential areas that need addressing.
- Allow a Trust level overview across all school vacancies.
- Request references at the touch of a button with automatic reminders sent by FACE-Ed.
- Keep all recruitment communication in one place with direct messaging portal.
- Build shortlisting packs in seconds.
- Allow a fair and transparent hiring process following KCSiE guidance.
- Keep onboarding requirements Section 1 and SCR compliant.
- Keep recruitment on track using the traffic light progress charts for individual candidates.
- Manage all documentation and forms within FACE-Ed which allows candidates to read, sign and return documentation within minutes.
Utilising an ATS to manage your recruitment can help recruit high quality candidates and creates a seamless, stress-free hiring process for your teams, that is often less manual with FACE-Ed’s handy templates and automations!
If you would like to see FACE-Ed in action, why not request a demo or join our next HR software webinar showcasing our full suite of holistic HR software revolutionising people management in education.