Getting the right candidate for your organisation is essential but getting the right answers from your candidates, in order to make the best decision is a really hard task. As education HR specialists and Safer Recruitment Accredited trainers, we have put together a series of useful questions (role dependent) to consider for use in Interviews.
10 questions to ask in an interview for a position in education
- What methods would you use to improve attainment?
- What strengths will you bring to the school/trust?
- Can you give an example of facilitating change in your current school?
- How have you contributed to school improvement at your current / previous schools and what would you do here?
- Where would you expect this school/trust to be in 3 years and why?
- What do you do to make sure that pupils have high expectations of their work and themselves?
- What values are the most important to you in this role?
- How have you managed a challenging situation in a previous role?
- Why are your passionate about this role? What is your motivation to work in education?
- What is your responsibility in keeping children safe?
FACE-Ed can assist extensively with recruiting any position within education. The entire process can be managed online from building the vacancy to shortlisting, inviting candidates to interview and carrying out all the necessary vetting requirements. FACE-Ed can help your school or Trust appear as an employer of choice with a professional vacancy platform as well as reducing administration extensively. To look at our software, simply request a demo at a time suitable to you or join one of our forthcoming software webinars.
If you have specific queries regarding recruitment, including managing Headteacher and Senior Leadership recruitment, please do not hesitate to contact our sister company FusionHR at 01924 827869. They can help design a comprehensive recruitment campaign, producing job descriptions and person specifications, with templates based on the school brand guidelines (i.e. colour scheme’s/logos). Provide assistance with Campaign management, shortlisting, interview questions and tasks, advising on the appointment of the selection panel, and support at interviews.